Reporting Influenza-Like Illness and Missed Classes
We are encouraging Brown students who are ill with influenza-like illness (ILI) to report their missed class time and needs for assistance through this website. Log in to answer some questions which will enable us to know that you are ill with influenza-like symptoms, that you are being cared for, and what needs you have. The information you give will also allow us to confirm for faculty missed class time due to influenza illness.
You will receive a follow-up phone call from a staff member in Campus Life or the Dean of the College office, so please be sure to provide a phone number where we can reach you.
If you get significantly worse before you receive a return phone call, please
call University Health Services at 863-1330863-1330.
Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) = Fever 100°F (38°C) or above + Cough and/or Sore Throat.
Call EMS (Emergency Medical Services) @ 401-863-4111401-863-4111 if you have (or your roommate/friend has):
- Pain in your chest;
- Difficulty breathing;
- Confusion or decreased awareness.
Call Health Services @ 401-863-1330401-863-1330 IMMEDIATELY if you have:
- Severe headache;
- Stiff neck.
Call Health Services @ 401-863-1330401-863-1330 TODAY if you have:
- Were feeling better for 24 hours but now feel ill again (especially if you currently have fever or cough);
- Have bloody or rust-colored mucous;
- Have severe sore throat;
- Are unable to keep fluids down (i.e., you are vomiting back up anything you drink);
- Have any other condition that concerns you;
- Have a chronic medical condition, or are pregnant or nursing, and have not already talked with a University Health Services provider. (Chronic medical conditions include significant asthma or other respiratory illness, significant chronic cardiovascular, liver, blood, neurologic disease or diabetes, HIV, or taking immunosuppressive drugs).