Dates and deadlines for the 2012-2013 year in a one-page format
Worried about a friend / a student?
Personal safety tips, computer protection, Guardian cell phone safety device, bike registration - all from Brown Public Safety
Information, forms and deadlines. Students are advised to NOT sign a lease until after receiving Off-Campus Permission from Residential Life. More...
Resources and Policy Information for Students. More...
WE'VE MOVED! The Office of the Vice President for Campus Life & Student Services is now at 20 Benevolent Street.
Brown University brings to campus independent and creative students who expand their intellectual endeavors beyond the classroom. The division of Campus Life and Student Services establishes and nurtures a vibrant residential environment that enables students to pursue their academic and extra-curricular interests to the fullest.
We teach, advise, counsel, support, coach, guide and mentor. Our work advances students’ abilities to thrive as contributing members of the Brown community; to bring a diversity of experiences, beliefs and identities to bear in their studies and lives; to promote civil discourse; and to develop skills of leadership, cooperation, problem-solving, management of difficult situations, completion of commitments, and group function toward a common goal.
Attorney Len O’Brien has provided legal advice to Brown undergraduate, graduate, and medical students since 2009. He holds office hours at the Sarah Doyle Women’s Center or may be reached by phone. Please check the current schedule as posted on the Sarah Doyle website.
TAXI companies and airport shuttle in Rhode Island
- From campus to train, bus station or airport
- Taxi companies. If you need to leave early in the morning, call a company the day before to arrange a precise time and location for pick up.
- Airport shuttle/"limousine" (it's a van) departs T.F. Green every hour on the hour and has a pick up at Faunce Arch/Campus Center. Call for reservations.
MBTA commuter train service to TF Green (Warwick, RI) Airport
- Trains leave from the Providence Amtrak Train Station (near Providence Place Mall)
- To TF Green, Check MBTA commuter rail schedule for Providence/Stoughton Line (Outbound from Providence to TF Green, or Inbound from TFGreen to Providence). Increased service to TF Green began November 2011.
- To Boston/Logan, MBTA commuter rail to South Station, switch to Silver Line to Logan Airport terminals. For instructions, check Getting to Logan info on the MBTA site.
- To TF Green, RIPTA buses leave from Providence Kennedy Plaza (downtown). You can walk to Kennedy Plaza or take a bus from the Thayer Street tunnel. On the RIPTA website, select Schedule & Fares, Trip Planner to identify your bus and time (Tunnel is 218 Thayer St, Providence). Current students who show Brown ID are able to ride any RIPTA bus or trolley anywhere within the state at no charge.
- To Boston/Logan, Peter Pan buses leave from the Providence Bus Terminal (2 miles north of campus, take a cab from campus to the Peter Pan bus terminal)
page date 03.20.13