25 Live Step by Step Instructions
Checking Space Availability by Location
From the Home Dashboard, click on Quick Search > Search for Locations. Type in your Location name. Click Go.
This brings you to a view of your space and into the Locations tab. Click the Availability tab to see a one day grid of space availability. . You can change the date or select the adjacent Calendar tab to view multiple days. You can also hover over the space name or click the space name to see more details about it such as its standard layout, capacity, etc.
If you see an open time slot on the grid, click into that time slot. This will begin an Event Wizard request form for you, saving the location, date and time you prefer. You will then simply need to fill in the rest of the reservation information and click submit. See below for complete instructions on submitting a request form.
If this is a search you plan to use again, click Save Search and name and save your search.
This saves the criteria for the search, not the results. So the next time you run the search, it will return the most recent results. This search can be accessed again from your Home Dashboard > Your Starred Location Searches.
A note on searching Locations:
Event requests come in as draft requests and are not confirmed until you receive an email from the Scheduling Office. This means that until your event is confirmed, it will not appear on a Location availability search. Don’t panic if you put in a request and do not immediately see it appear on the Location availability grid! You should search by Event name instead (covered in Section 3) to check the details of your event request. While your event is in a draft state, you can edit some of the details as well.
You can start an Event search much the same way you started a Location search. From the Home Dashboard, click Quick Search > Search Events. Type in your Event keyword or name. Click Go.
Some tips on searching for Events:
- This is not an advanced boolean search. Please note that 25Live is searching a lot of data, so we recommend using as many keywords as necessary to narrow your search, but not so many that your event does not appear. Capitalization does not matter, but spelling and the arrangement of your words does matter.
- The best way to search for Events is a search by keyword or name. Unfortunately, you cannot search by Event Reference Number here.
- As a reminder, Event requests come in as draft requests and are not confirmed until you receive an email from the Scheduling Office. This means that until your event is confirmed, it will not appear on a Location availability search. You should search by Event name instead to check the details of your event request. While your event is in a draft state, you can edit some of the details as well.
- Event search results are ordered alphabetically by name of event. You must click the date heading twice to order by today forward. One click orders it by furthest date out, a second by oldest date forward.
From the Home Dashboard, click Create an Event. This launches an Event Wizard request form. Fill in all required fields. The summary on the left will tell you which fields remain to be completed and which are required (noted with a red asterisk).
1) Enter the Event Name. Please do not use acronyms or abbreviations. Put the event name that would be publicly recognizable.
2) Enter Anticipated Attendance (peak attendance at any one given time).
Estimate your peak attendance at any one given time. IMPORTANT: Student Groups must register events with an attendance of 100 or more. Please visit www.brown.edu/sao for more information on registering your event or stop by the Student Activities Office. Events over 300 may require additional security such as Fire Safety or Public Safety.
3) Enter Event Date & Time.
IMPORTANT: Please choose the ACTUAL event start and end time. Specify Setup and Breakdown time by clicking "Pre-Event/Setup durations" or "Post-Event/Takedown durations" under start and end time.
If your event repeats, you can edit the meeting pattern here, both ad hoc and regular occurrences. You can also put in Setup and Breakdown times. Those show up on the availability grid as a lighter color than the reservation time. If your event occurs in different locations when it repeats, you can edit that under Locations, which is next.
4) Enter Event Location(s) (NOT required). Then Click Next.
Choose your desired location from the drop down list. Remember that events open to the public must be placed in a handicap accessible space. If you do not know which location to choose, you can leave this blank and enter your location and resource needs in the Event Description. We will assist you in finding the appropriate space for your event.
(NOTE: Location is NOT a required field. You may need several locations, which you can list in the event setup details. Or you may not know which location you would like to use.)
5) Select an Event Type.
6) Choose a Primary Sponsoring Organization.
Your event must be sponsored by a recognized Brown University organization or department. If you are a new student group and have not yet been recognized by UCS or a department, please choose "Other" and contact the Student Activities Office for guidance on group recognition. Note: Your space request will not be finalized until a sponsoring organization has been determined.
7) Type an Event Description.
8) Enter Event Setup Details.
Describe, in detail, your event and its space, resource and setup needs. Be sure to let us know if you require any additional time for media or setup services you have booked separately with Facilities Management or Media Technology Services.
IMPORTANT: If you have requested Green Space, please let us know if you will use any of the following: tents, stage, electricity, vehicles, heavy objects or amplified sound.
9) Answer Additional Event Details questions. Questions may vary based on the Event Type you selected above.
NOTE: You must make a separate request directly to Media Technology Services, Catering or Facilities Management. This space request does not book those services for you.
10) Read the Terms & Conditions. Click I agree to proceed. Click Finish. Congratulations!