February 10, 2012
Grade Options, Tutoring & Coaching, Summer Study Abroad
The grade option deadline falls at the very end of the long weekend, so now is the time to give serious thought to your grade option choices. If you’re not sure what to do for a particular course, check in with your advisor or Meiklejohn. Today’s email also highlights key academic support and enrichment resources, as well as exciting opportunities for summer study abroad.
- The final deadline for adding a course (with a fee), changing a course from audit to credit, and changing a grade option is WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22. No changes will be permitted after 5:00 p.m. on the 22nd.
- The Academic Support website (http://brown.edu/college/tutoring) is now accepting group tutoring, language tutoring, and academic coaching requests. Peer academic coaches are available M-F, 1-3 pm; individual tutoring for courses other than language is available upon review, and after a student participates in group tutoring. The Academic Support Office (JWW 310) also offers a series of workshops to help students develop skills such as reading strategies, note taking, and time management.
- Summer Study Abroad! Global experience is invaluable--why not get started with Brown's summer study abroad programs? Regardless of your academic background, join other Brown students in China, Italy, Greece/Turkey, Russia, or Spain to explore a new topic or develop an existing interest. Applications due Feb. 15.
Archaeology and History in Ancient Rome (Brochure/Website)
Global Political Economy in China (Brochure/Website)
Language and Culture in Russia (Brochure/Website)
Architecture and Urbanism in Spain - CASB Program (Brochure/Website)
History, Language, and Art in Greece & Turkey (Brochure/Website)
Studio Art in Comillas, Spain (Brochure/Website)
- Meik Tip of the Week: If you have even the slightest interest in studying abroad, take 5 minutes to speak with one of the great staff in OIP (warning: it may run over 5 mins).
- And speaking of Meiks… Applications for next year’s Meiklejohn Peer Advisors (rookies only) are being accepted until 5 pm this coming Tuesday, February 14: http://www.brown.edu/meiks/applications/. Questions? Write to us at Meiklejohn@Brown.edu.
The Advising Team