How To Access Plan Benefits for the 2013 -2014 Policy Year
The Student Health Insurance Plan is designed to complement the services available through Brown University Health Services and Psychological Services. Please refer to the Brown University Health Services or Brown University Psychological Services websites for further details on the services they provide.
Please note that referrals are no longer required for treatment outside of Brown University Health Services and Psychological Services.
New Feature: To print a temporary health insurance ID card, click here. (Please enter 02912 as the zip code.)
To Access Medical Services
If you need to seek medical services after August 15, 2013 under the 2013-2014 Student Health Insurance Plan but do not have your health insurance ID card, please give the medical provider or facility the following information:
- Name of Insurance Company: Brown University Student Health Insurance Plan through Nationwide Life Insurance Company
- Group Policy #: 302-120-3811
- Consolidated Health Plans Medical Group #: S210207
- Subscriber ID: your Brown Banner ID #
- Medical claims should be mailed to: Consolidated Health Plans, 2077 Roosevelt Ave., P.O. Box 1998, Springfield, MA 01104-1998 (phone: 1-800-633-7867)
- To verify your eligibility, providers should contact University Health Plans at 1-800-437-6448
To find a preferred provider or facility, please contact the following network:
The participation of specific providers in the First Health network is subject to change without notice. When making an appointment, you should always confirm that the provider currently participates in the First Health network.
A recommended by Health Services or Psychological Services for treatment by an outside provider does not guarantee that the services will be covered by the Student Health Insurance Plan. All services are paid in accordance with the plan provisions.
When using the Brown University Student Health Insurance Plan, please be aware of the following:
- There is a $300 deductible, however it is waived for the following:
- Lab tests and x-rays ordered by Health Services, or for x-rays performed by Rhode Island Medical Imaging, and lab tests performed by a Lifespan Lab. For all other providers, the deductible will apply
- Emergency Room Visits
- Outpatient Mental Health Visits
- Outpatient Physician Office Visits
- Outpatient Prescription Drugs
- Other Outpatient Services when provided by Health Services
- There is a $100 deductible for inpatient hospitalization or outpatient surgery performed at a hospital or hospital affiliated surgical center.
- In addition to the providers on the First Health Network list, you may also visit East Side Vision Care and University Orthopedics.
- Emergency Room visits have a $100 copay, while Urgent Care Center visits have a $25 copay.
For more information, please see the plan brochure Click here
**You will receive your 2013-2014 health insurance ID card in your campus box.**
For information about how to fill a prescription during the 13-14 policy year, Click here