About Brown Admission Directories Events Calendar A to Z Index brown.edu
Brown University
Public Safety News Service Community Relations Public Service Maps & Directions Contact Us

Crime Awareness & Campus Safety Home

Filing of Criminal Reports

Student Violations of University Non-Academic Rules and Regulations

Security and Access to Brown Facilities

Campus Public Safety

Crime Prevention and Security

Criminal Offense Statistics

Alcohol Use and Underage Drinking

Prohibition of Illegal Drugs

Drug and Alcohol Abuse

Sex Offenses/Sexual Misconduct

24 Hour Emergency Numbers

Drug and Alcohol Abuse

Educational Programs

Individuals who may have an alcohol or drug abuse problem or have questions concerning the use or abuse of drugs and alcohol should be aware of the several offices and resources at Brown that offer services to students, faculty, and staff.

  • Health Services/Health Education Office: Educational, medical, and referral services are available to students. For further information, call Health Services/Health Education Office at 863-3953/863-2794 (TDD number is 863-3953).

  • Office of Psychological Services: The Office of Psychological Services provides education, counseling and referral services to students. For further information, call Psychological Services at 863-3476 (TDD number is the same).

  • Brown University Faculty/Staff Assistance Plan: The Brown
    University FSAP is provided through the LifeWatch Employee Assistance Program of Community Counseling Center, Inc. FSAP exists to assist eligible employees (those working 50% or more time) and their immediate families or household members in handling personal problems, including drug and alcohol abuse. Services include assessment of the problem and recommendations for a course of treatment. For more information call Benefits at 863-2141, or the Community Counseling Center at 1-800-333-6228 (TT/TTY Relay Service 1-800-745-5555).