Katherine Moran Coleman Aquatics Center
Located at 235 Hope Street, the Katherine Moran Coleman Aquatics Center opened in May 2012 and is home to Brown University's Swimming, Diving, & Water Polo teams. The pool is 56 Meters in Length x 25 Yards in Width, & most of the pool is 7-9 ft deep. The diving well is 13 ft deep. The facility has a seating capacity for 400 spectators & a state of the art video HD scoreboard. For the summer months, the pool is set up 3.5 days long course & 3.5 days short course. During the academic year, the pool is set up for short course only. The pool is typically separated into three different "pools" with movable bulkheads. The "shallow" is most often used for Rec Swim, while the "Middle" & "Deep" pools are used for a combination of swim programs & Rec Swim.
Click here for some fun facts about the new facilities!
**Please note that hours are always subject to change.
|Fall and Spring Semester
|Monday - Friday
||5:30am - 7:00am
9:00am - 2:00pm
||7:00pm - 10:30pm
|Saturday & Sunday
||1:00pm - 6:00pm
||6:30am - 8:30am
10:00am - 2:00pm
4:00pm - 7:00pm
||8:00am - 10:00am
1:00pm - 6:00pm
||1:00pm - 6:00pm
|New Year's Day
|Adjusted Hours 1-3pm
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
|Fall Weekend Day (October 8th)
||Day After Thanksgiving
Aquatics Center Information
Membership - Adults
- Adult members (18 or older) may swim during any scheduled Recreation Swim Time. Please be aware there will occasionally be restricted pool areas or lanes for organized activities too.
Membership - Minors
- Children ages 12-17 may swim during any scheduled Recreation Swim Time. Please be aware there will occasionally be restricted pool areas or lanes for organized activities.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (18 or older) in the swim center at all times.
- Children under the age 6 must be accompanied in the water by an adult (18 or older) in the same pool lane/area at all times.
- Infants and toddlers who are not potty-trained must wear swim diapers at all times.
General Pool Rules
- No person shall be permitted in the pool with open sores, or wounds.
- Eating and drinking will not be permitted anywhere on the pool deck at any time. (Water bottles containing water or hydration liquids are allowed)
- Running, pushing, and horseplay will not be tolerated.
- Please consult a lifeguard before swimming in an unused area of the pool.
- Animals are not permitted in the pool area unless for service usage. Please inform the Welcome Center Specialist upon arriving to the building with a service animal.
- Refrain from hanging or swimming over the lane lines and safety ropes.
- Refrain from swimming or playing under the bulkheads.
- Coolers and glass containers are not permitted in the pool area.
- Shirt and shorts are allowed to be worn into the pool provided that they are clean, neat, and display no offensive language or symbols.
- Alcoholic beverages or persons under the influence are not allowed.
- Please refrain from talking extensively to the lifeguards "in the chair".
Floatation Devices & Pool Equipment
- No "wearable" flotation devices allowed in the pool, including water wings, with the exception of Coast Guard Approved Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's).
- Aqua joggers, pull-buoys, fins, noodles, kickboards and other swim training equipment maybe used for their intended purposes and at the discretion of the lifeguard.
- The diving equipment on deck is a restricted to Varsity Diving and planned Diving Programs only.
- Due to the extensive grounding and bonding of the new swim center, the pool will NOT close due to thunder and lightning.
- The diving boards and platforms are restricted areas, unless directly supervised by an approved diving coach.
- The diving equipment on deck is a restricted area and for Varsity Diving and planned Diving Programs only.
- Please contact the Aquatics Coordinator for group usage and/or pool event rentals.
Ginny Templeton, Aquatics Coordinator & Facility Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | 401-863-5319