Requirements for the American Studies Concentration
- Ten courses above the 1000-level. American Studies courses will engage students in a range of different kinds of writing, from conventional research papers and analytical essays to writing for the public in the form of editorials, web sites, and exhibits.
- In choosing courses to fulfill the ten-course requirement, concentrators must include three of the four themes and three of the four approaches. There will be a variety of ways these requirements can be configured since any one course is likely to be include in more than one of those categories. See tagged listing of courses.
- Three courses in the concentration must be linked to an individual Focus.
- Four of the ten courses must be seminars.
- The Junior Seminar is one of the four required seminars.
- The Senior Seminar is any AMCV 1900 taken in the senior year.
- The other two may be AMCV 1900s or upper-level seminars outside the department that fulfill focus requirements.
- The Senior Capstone ePortfolio is an ungraded requirement.