Visions of Liszt
Bicentennial Festival - 1811/2011
October 17 - November 6
The year 2011 marks the 200th anniversary of the birth of Franz Liszt, the Hungarian-born composer and piano virtuoso best known for such pieces as Les Préludes, Liebestraum no. 3, the Hungarian Rhapsodies, and the Sonata in B-minor.
This series of events commemorates his music and achievements. All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
Please join us!
Visions of Liszt: A Bicentennial Festival is sponsored by
- The Creative Arts Council
- The Peterson Concert Fund
- The Cogut Center for the Humanities
- The Department of Music
- The Department of Italian Studies
- The Department of the History of Art and Architecture
- The Department of Slavic Languages
- The Department of Comparative Literature