Добро пожаловать на сайт "Русский в Брауне"!
Welcome to Russian Resources at Brown!
Why Study Russian?
is an exciting, dynamic and rapidly changing country
plays important roles in the politics and economics of Europe and Asia
has been at the forefront of cultural and artistic innovation in dance, cinema and painting in the 19th and 20th centuries
- has given world literature and music some of its best-regarded masterpieces: Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, Gogol and Bulgakov, the operas of Tchaikovsky and Mussorgsky; the works of Rachmaninoff and Stravinsky
- can be your study abroad destination in Petersburg next summer!
- offers greater possibilities for travel, study and work than ever before, including both internships during study abroad and interesting careers after Brown
is one of the top 10 most commonly spoken languages in the world with over 250 million speakers
- is one of the most commonly spoken Slavic languages
- remains a lingua franca for many former Soviet republics
- once you know one Slavic language, it becomes much easier to pick up another one!
- much of the world's scientific literature is published in Russian
- is possible to learn really well while you're at Brown! Our students contend successfully for post-Brown honors like Fulbright awards and go on to graduate study in a great variety of fields, as well as working in Russian, Ukraine and other Slavic-speaking countries.