About Facilities Management
The Department is directed by Stephen M. Maiorisi, AIA, Vice President of Facilities Management. We support the teaching and research missions of the University by maintaining and improving the University’s physical environment. Among our major responsibilities towards the achievement of that goal are:
- Providing customer service on all facility-related issues 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Controlling and maintaining building environments.
- Managing safety, statutory, renovation, repair, energy and preventative maintenance projects related to University-owned buildings.
- Providing support to all University events and ceremonies.
- Supporting the University’s energy and environmental initiatives.
The Facilities organization consists of several offices with dedicated, skilled, professional employees trained in every trade required for the maintenance, repair, and renovation of campus facilities. Services offered range from grounds maintenance to events support to custodial services to heating, ventilation, and controls to project planning, design, and construction. For a complete list of offices click here.
Submitting a service request may be done online or by telephoning Facilities’ Service Response Center at (401) 863-7800. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.