Department of
Facilities Management
Brown University
Box 1941
295 Lloyd Ave.
Providence, RI 02912

Facility Emergency:
Tel: (401) 863-7800

Service Request:
Tel: (401) 863-7800

Main Office:
Tel: (401) 863-7850
Fax: (401) 863-7885

Computer Aided Design (CAD) Services

Custom Output:

Brown University Staff and Faculty may request custom maps or floor plan output in support of the Plan for Academic Enrichment (PAE). These maps and plans may be used for presentations, analysis, or for general purposes. Custom requests will be ordered on a First-In, First-Out (FIFO) method.Request Custom Output

CAD Files:

Facility floor plans and campus mapping files (Buildings, Roads, Infrastructure, etc…) are available upon request. These files will only be distributed to either those affiliated with or, those performing official business with Brown University.

Students requesting CAD files in support of academic projects must have their professors provide a written request via email to the CAD Office. Request CAD Files

Hard Copy Maps / Plan Room:

The Plan Room is located within the Facilities Management building and houses hard copy plans and specifications for University facilities. Access to the Plan Room requires prior approval by the CAD Office. Access will be granted to either those affiliated with or, those performing official business with Brown University.

Copy jobs exceeding a total of 10 copies will be sent out to a local reprographics shop for printing. Jobs sent out require the customer to provide either a charge account number or a purchase order number. Request Plan Room Access

Marking of Underground Utilities:

When served notice, Brown University will provide a campus utility map of the area to be excavated (within 48 hours). This excludes Saturday, Sunday, and legal holidays or if otherwise agreed upon by the person or company performing the work and Brown University. Upon receiving a copy of the utility map it is the responsibility of the contractor to do the actual marking out of the utilities. The approximate location* of the underground utilizes shall be marked with stakes, flags, paint, or other physical means.

Utility Mark-Out procedures can be found at Marking Utilities/Brown Dig Safe.

Computer Aided Design (CAD) Office and Plan Room