Monthly excursions to nearby sites of interest
We do not limit ourselves to art museums, although we are certainly a group of art lovers. We always do our best to have a nice lunch—very important! We usually carpool. Just to tempt you, here’s a list of our trips in the past two years:
- Worcester Art Museum, twice
- DeCordova Museum
- Museum of Science, twice for special exhibits
- A Boat ride in September on the Blackstone River followed by visit to the Museum of Work and Culture in Woonsocket
- Florence Griswold House and Museum, twice
- Fogg Museum at Harvard
- Mashantucket-Pequot Museum
- McMullen Museum at Boston College
- Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton, twice
- A day in Newport at the Rosewood Library and the Newport Art Museum
- MFA, twice
As you see, we offer something for everyone. Indeed, we have a core group who attends almost everything. We get on the road on the second Wednesday of every month, so mark your calendar.
As this web site goes up, in spring 2009 we are headed for the Higgins Armory in Worcester, then to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and the Fuller Craft Museum—the only East Coast venue to host the award-winning exhibit “Craft in America—Expanding Traditions.” We have always enjoyed our visits there, and they have just opened a café—now, that requires investigation!
For information contact Lynette Charniak
Off to the McMullen Museum at Boston College.