Prof. Kenny Breuer, Brown University
School of Engineering
Box D, Providence RI 02912
182 Hope Street
Providence, RI 02912
Google map to the lab
Welcome to the Breuer Lab at Brown University. We are active in research covering a wide variety of topics, including:
- Micron and nanometer scale fluid mechanics, slip flows, contact lines.
- Animal motion, in particular, bat flight and bacterial motility
- Fluid-Structure interactions for flight vehicles and energy harvesting
- Diagnostic methods for fluid mechanics
- Turbulent shear flows and shear flow control
Our group includes undergraduate and graduate students, post-docs, visiting scientists and faculty. We draw on backgrounds in Engineering, Ecology and Evoutionary Biology, Physics, Applied Mathmatics and Computer Science.