Many students take on ambitious environmental research projects during their time at Brown. Communicating research results is an essential part of the scientific process - and learning to navigate professional meetings is an essential part of becoming a scientist. In support of these goals, ECI offers partial stipends to support the presentation of student research projects at professional meetings.
In the interest of maximum participation, funds are limited to $500 per sponsoring faculty member per conference and subject to an annual cap. To apply, please send a letter with the following information:
- Sponsoring Brown or MBL faculty member
- A short description of the research you will be presenting
- Describe how the research fits into ECI’s mission
- What conference you are attending
- Location and duration of the conference
- How much support you are requesting (max/conference is $500)
- If you are also being sponsored by other Brown units (including grants), please list which units and their expected contribution
- How will you share your results with Brown colleagues? For example, include locations where posters might be hung or possible venues for practice talks or brown bag discussions.
Submit request to ECI director and assistant director at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.