We require a character recommendation for all BOLT leader applicants. Here's more info.
Please arrange for one person who knows you well (who is not a peer, a family member or affiliated with BOLT) to write a character recommendation on your behalf. We are looking for a point of reference that can speak to your teamwork ability, leadership skills, and other wonderful qualities.
Some helpful areas for us to hear include:
- Leadership (no surprise here)
- Team work and ability to contribute to positive group dynamics
- Working within diverse groups for teamwork, group facilitation and leadership
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Conflict Management Skills
- Time Commitments and Leader Expectation
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that this letter is received before January 15, 2013. Recommendations should be emailed to email@example.com or sent by mail to: BOLT, Box 1930, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912.
If we do not have the letter prior to application review, we will not be able to consider your application. Please remind your recommenders of the deadline 5-7 days prior to assist them with tracking on your request.
If you have any further questions about recommendations, please feel free to email the BOLT managers.