How to Join the BuDS Commencement Team
1. Eligibility Requirements: Work is available to Brown undergrads, whether or not you are a current BuDS worker. However, to be eligible, you MUST be available to work every day of Commencement Weekend (Friday, May 23, Saturday, May 24, and Sunday, May 25). To be eligible to work for BuDS for Commencement, you MUST attend one of the following information sessions:
- Monday, April 7 at 6:00pm in the Underground (Faunce)
- Tuesday, April 8 at 6:30pm in Wilson 101
- Wednesday, April 9 at 6:00pm in Wilson 102
- Wednesday, April 16 at 6:30pm in Kassar Fox Auditorium
- Need a refresher? View the Info Session Presentation
2. Application: After attending an information session, fill out our online application. Applications are due by Friday, April 18 at 5pm. Late applicants will be put on a waiting list.
3. Employment Paperwork: After you have been hired, we need to make sure you have active forms I-9 and W-4 on file at Brown.
If you have worked at Brown before, check with the Office of Human Resources (located on the third floor of the Brown Office Building) to see if your forms are still active.
If Brown does not have your forms on file, you must bring appropriate identification (see Form I-9 page 5) to the Office of Human Resources in the Brown Office Building. You can also print out the forms and fill them out beforehand to save time.
This must be done by Wednesday, April 30, 2014.