What's Cookin' at Brown Dining
- Visiting Brown? Wondering what the food's like? Our campus map will set you in the direction of some tasty options during your visit
- What's Open This Summer
- Blue Room is open Monday-Friday from 7:30pm-3:30pm and Sundays 8:00am-3:30pm until July 24. Stay up to date on the latest news and specials from the Blue Room, like us facebook.
- The dining halls are open for students and guests on summer meal plans:
Sharpe Refectory is open daily until August 13 for breakfast (7:30am-9:30am), lunch (11:00am-2:30pm) and dinner (4:30pm-7:30pm)
Verney-Woolley is open until July 29 for students on summer meal plans. Open Monday-Thursday for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Fridays for breakfast and lunch and Sunday dinner.
- View the full calendar here: 2016 Summer Hours
- Dining Services Initiative: We are engaging in an exciting initiative to improve our offerings and service delivery.
- My Meal: My Meal is an interactive online tool that allows you to view the ingredients, nutrition, and common allergens of the foods we serve at our residential dining halls
- View your current meal plan
- Pick the right plan for you
- How to make a change & deadlines
- Club Plan for Seniors
- Note to students returning from abroad: you are not auto-enrolled in a meal plan
Click on "Personal Information", then on "Meal Plan and Brown Card Declining Balances".
To cancel your meal plan call 401-863-3343.
Tuesday 9/8 is the deadline to make changes without a fee. There is no deadline for adding a meal plan. All Fall 2016 changes and full-year cancellations must be made by Wednesday 9/28
More Food for Thought
- Brown's Sharpe Refectory and Verney-Woolley dining halls have earned 3-Star Certified Green Restaurant® status!
They are the 1st Certified Green Restaurants® in Rhode Island, the 1st Certified Green Restaurants® on a college campus in Rhode Island, and only the 3rd Ivy League school with a Certified Green Restaurant® on campus.
Blue Room and Josiah's are now 2-Star Certified Green Restaurants®! These campus restaurants are recognized for implementing sustainable practices in food, water, waste, energy, chemicals, disposables and building materials.
Founded in 1990, The Green Restaurant Association, an international nonprofit organization, has pioneered the Green Restaurant® movement as the leading voice within the industry, encouraging restaurants to green their operations using transparent, science-based certification standards in Energy, Water, Waste, Food, Chemicals, Disposables, & Building.
- Brown Dining has been Accredited by Food Recovery Network by diverting food waste through donating surplus food to feed our community members in need. Our donations have provided over 37,000 lbs of food to local pantries.
#19 in The Daily Meal's 75 Best Colleges for Food in America for 2015:
Brown Dining was ranked well based on a number of factors including our quality of ingredients, accommodation to dietary preferences, sustainability efforts, educational events and late night options.
- #6 Healthiest College in the US: Brown ranks highly again for the quality of our healthy food options
- Andrews Commons: The BlogDailyHerald says, "Andrews Commons rocks"
- Our pizza crusts are now made with Vermont-milled King Arthur flour!
- Vegan Friendly: Brown got another A grade in PETA's college scorecard
- A Real Food Pioneer! Brown is a recipient of the first ever Real Food Awards
- Top 10 Healthiest Colleges: Brown ranks high for students leading healthy and happy lives