What's Cookin' at Brown Dining
- Visiting Brown? Wondering what the food's like? Our campus map will set you in the direction of some tasty options during your visit
- Looking to earn some extra cash? Join the BuDS team during commencement. If you were unable to attend the info sessions but are still interested in applying, please email Commencement_Buds@brown.edu ASAP
- The Supper Club is a monthly pop-up dinner hosted by Brown Dining's Dietitian Jessie Curran and Assistant Chef Aaron Fitzsenry. Learn more here.
- The newly renovated Rock Cafe is now open in the lobby of the Rock Library. Stop in for fairly traded coffee, hot tea, sandwiches, snacks, freshly baked cookies and other goodies to fill you up and help you stay focused.
- The Blue Room is full of new options this semester Check out new Grab-n-Go options like Vanilla and Chocolate Soy Milks, Soy Yogurt and new soups. New LARGER Wraps & a New Wheat & Sunflower Seed Roll.
- Check out new pizzas, puff pockets and wok side entrees at Andrews Commons. Also, look for more wholesome options on the wok side.
- All semester enjoy Stuffed French Toast, Jo's Gnocchi and Mashed Potato Bowls at Josiah's at the Three Burners station
- Delicious smoothies and a new and improved falafel are at Ivy Room Nights
- Check out the new salad bar with tons of fresh options at the Sharpe Refectory
- We're Hiring!
Flexible shifts, fun environment, great people... BuDS is a great place to work! Stop by the SMO (across from the Ivy Room)
- 2015-2016 Meal Plans
- View your current meal plan
- To add or change a meal plan log into your Banner self-service account. Online meal plan changes can be made Monday, Nov. 30 through Monday, Jan. 25 at midnight.
Click on "Personal Information", then on "Meal Plan and Brown Card Declining Balances".
To change a meal plan in the first three weeks of the semester please visit our 144 Thayer St office weekdays 9:00am-4:00pm. All changes must be made by Wednesday 2/17.
Please note there are no cancellations in the spring.
- Note to students returning from abroad: you are not auto-enrolled in a meal plan but can easily add a plan for the spring
- Pick the right plan for you
- How to make a change & deadlines
- Club Plan for Seniors
- My Meal: My Meal is an interactive online tool that allows you to view the ingredients, nutrition, and common allergens of the foods we serve at our residential dining halls
- Sign up for Eco To-Go! Please see our cashiers at the Refectory or Verney-Woolley
- Brown Catering Specials...
- The Faculty Club
- Think of the Faculty Club for a quick takeaway lunch order: Caesar Salads, Creamy New England Clam Chowder, Salmon Salad and more
- Today's Menus
Refectory, Verney-Woolley, Ivy Room lunch, Blue Room
- Students' Creative Meal Ideas from the Ratty Gourmet
Here are some Spring 2016 highlights you might not know about:
More Food for Thought
- Brown Dining has been Accredited by Food Recovery Network by diverting food waste through donating surplus food to feed our community members in need. Our donations have provided over 37,000 lbs of food to local pantries.
- #19 in The Daily Meal's 75 Best Colleges for Food in America for 2015: Brown Dining was ranked well based on a number of factors including our quality of ingredients, accommodation to dietary preferences, sustainability efforts, educational events and late night options.
- #6 Healthiest College in the US: Brown ranks highly again for the quality of our healthy food options
- Andrews Commons: The BlogDailyHerald says, "Andrews Commons rocks"
- Our pizza crusts are now made with Vermont-milled King Arthur flour!
- Vegan Friendly: Brown got another A grade in PETA's college scorecard
- A Real Food Pioneer! Brown is a recipient of the first ever Real Food Awards
- Top 10 Healthiest Colleges: Brown ranks high for students leading healthy and happy lives
- Green Certification: Brown Dining was honored this year by the RI Hospitality Association and RI Department of Environmental Management for our environmental practices