What's Cookin' at Brown Dining
- Visiting Brown? Wondering what the food's like? Our campus map will set you in the direction of some tasty options during your visit
- What's Open the Week of Commencement
- What's Open This Summer
- All eateries will be closed on Monday 5/30 for Memorial Day
- Starting Tuesday, May 31st, the Blue Room is open Monday-Friday from 7:30pm-3:30pm
- All eateries will be closed on Friday 6/3 for the Brown Dining Employee BBQ
- The Sharpe Refectory opens June 4 at 7:30 am and Verney-Woolley on June 19 at 4:30 pm for students on summer meal plans. Click here to view the calendar at 2016 Summer Hours
More Food for Thought
- Brown's Sharpe Refectory and Verney-Woolley dining halls have earned 3-Star Certified Green Restaurant® status! They are the 1st Certified Green Restaurants® in Rhode Island, the 1st Certified Green Restaurants® on a college campus in Rhode Island, and only the 3rd Ivy League school with a Certified Green Restaurant® on campus.
Blue Room and Josiah's are now 2-Star Certified Green Restaurants®! These campus restaurants are recognized for implementing sustainable practices in food, water, waste, energy, chemicals, disposables and building materials.
Founded in 1990, The Green Restaurant Association, an international nonprofit organization, has pioneered the Green Restaurant® movement as the leading voice within the industry, encouraging restaurants to green their operations using transparent, science-based certification standards in Energy, Water, Waste, Food, Chemicals, Disposables, & Building.
- Brown Dining has been Accredited by Food Recovery Network by diverting food waste through donating surplus food to feed our community members in need. Our donations have provided over 37,000 lbs of food to local pantries.
- #19 in The Daily Meal's 75 Best Colleges for Food in America for 2015: Brown Dining was ranked well based on a number of factors including our quality of ingredients, accommodation to dietary preferences, sustainability efforts, educational events and late night options.
- #6 Healthiest College in the US: Brown ranks highly again for the quality of our healthy food options
- Andrews Commons: The BlogDailyHerald says, "Andrews Commons rocks"
- Our pizza crusts are now made with Vermont-milled King Arthur flour!
- Vegan Friendly: Brown got another A grade in PETA's college scorecard
- A Real Food Pioneer! Brown is a recipient of the first ever Real Food Awards
- Top 10 Healthiest Colleges: Brown ranks high for students leading healthy and happy lives