Determining Essential Components of a Course or Program
What is the purpose of the program or course?
What are the outcome variables that are absolutely required of all participants?
- What academic skills must be demonstrated?
- What percentage of subject area knowledge must be mastered?
- What specific knowledge, principles, or concepts must be mastered?
- What skills or competencies will be needed in the field after graduation?
- What are the requirements for licensing or professional accreditation?
What methods of instruction are non-negotiable, and why?
What methods of assessing outcome variables are absolutely necessary, and why?
What are acceptable levels of performance on these measures?
*Program requirements outside of these parameters may be considered for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.