1. Form a housing group. Your entire group will select housing at the same time during the lottery. However, you do not need to live in the same area as your group. Groups may contain up to 12 individuals. Please click the following link for some important information regarding housing group requirements and restrictions.
2. Complete the lottery application. This application will become available at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, March 11, 2011. It must be submitted by 11:59 a.m. on Friday, March 18, 2011. The application may be accessed here.
3. Explore available housing options. Our Room Info page contains resources for learning about the available rooms on campus. Our Previous Results page contain the results of lotteries from years past to give you a better idea of which rooms get selected at which point during the lottery. In addition, ResCouncil will offer dorm tours and office hours around the time of the lottery.
4. Find your group’s lottery number. This will determine when you will select housing during the lottery.
5. Go to the lottery. For mor information on what to expect the night of the lottery, see our Lottery Night page.
6. Sign necessary paperwork. Your group will be required to sign a housing contract in the Office of Residential Life in the weeks following the lottery.
*Be sure to remain aware of all important lottery dates and deadlines by checking our Dates page.
Helpful Hints. A page full of proverbs coined by ResCouncil with our advice on navigating the lottery.
ResCouncil Forum. Have questions about the lottery? Ask them here!
ResLife Lottery Website. The official source for everything you need to know about the lottery.
BUMP. Is there conflict within your lottery group? The Brown University Mediation project may be able to help!
ResCouncil Lottery Guide (pdf). A downloadable version of much of the information found on this site.