Working directly with hiring managers, FANS “hires” and "terminates” students in Workday and manages related payroll issues for participating departments.
Student Hiring & Payroll
- All undergraduate student jobs must first be posted on the SEO website. Once you add a job, the opportunity is immediately posted
- All students must complete an I9 form in Human Resources (3rd Floor of Brown Office Building) before their first day of employment
- All international students should consult the Office of International Student & Scholar Services (OISSS)
- All time entries/submissions are now being processed via Workday
Student Special Payments
- Departments currently using UFUNDS for student special payment processing should continue to use this tool
- All international students must register annually in the Foreign National Information System (FNIS) prior to processing any type of payments
- For more information about the payment approval process, please visit Scholarly Award Opportunities
For questions about employing and paying students, contact Betsy Valle (3-2362) Betsy_Valle@Brown.edu.
Over the next year, we hope to offer student payroll services to more departments. If your department would benefit from increased support, please contact Sara Walsh (3-3144) to discuss opportunities.