Auto Insurance

General Information

Rental Car

  • Travel Policy: Ground Transportation
    • Authorized Rental Car Drivers
    • Rental Car Insurance
      • Supplemental Liability and Loss Damage insurance MUST be purchased through rental agency
        • If traveling outside of the United States
        • If the driver is under the age of 25
        • Rental vans (12 or 15 passenger)
    • Rental Car Accidents
      • Should a rental car accident occur, travelers must submit a written accident report as soon as possible to the rental car company, local authorities (as required), and, within 48 hours, to Insurance & Purchasing Services, Fax 3-1566, extension 3-1681. 
      • In the case of damage to a rental vehicle, the department will bear a portion of the loss up to $500.00. There will not be a charge to the department if the rental was paid for by the traveler's Brown University Corporate American Express Card. 
    • American Express Corporate Card Benefit

Personal Car