Welcome to the Ombuds Office
The Ombuds Office provides an independent, confidential, neutral and informal resource for faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows and associates, and graduate students who have concerns arising from or affecting their work and studies at Brown.
The Ombudsperson, Ruthy Kohorn Rosenberg, can offer assistance when you are looking to:
- clarify university policies and procedures
- navigate your way through the university bureaucracy
- explore informal resolution of a conflict
- get assistance with a difficult conversation with a colleague, co-worker, supervisor, someone you supervise or teach
- get assistance with someone you are finding difficult
- think through an ethical or misconduct issue that you would like to address
- think through any issue arising from your life at Brown
- find the appropriate person, department or office within the University to respond to your question
The Ombuds Office will not identify you or discuss your concerns with anyone without your permission unless the Ombudsperson determines that there is an imminent risk of serious harm or unless compelled to do otherwise.
The Ombuds Office is not authorized to accept legal notice, will not be part of any formal grievance process and will not take sides in any dispute.
Listening Options Policy Review Referral
Coaching Faciliatation Informal Mediation