Welcome to the Ombuds Office
The Ombuds Office provides an independent, confidential, neutral and informal resource for faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows and associates, and graduate students who have concerns arising from or affecting their work and studies at Brown.
It is independent from any other office and reports directly to the President.
The Ombudsperson, Ruthy Kohorn Rosenberg, can offer assistance when you are looking to:
- clarify university policies and procedures
- navigate your way through the university bureaucracy
- explore informal resolution of a conflict
- get assistance with a difficult conversation with a colleague, co-worker, supervisor, someone you supervise or teach
- get assistance with someone you are finding difficult
- think through an ethical or misconduct issue
- think through any issue arising from your life at Brown
- find the appropriate person, department or office within the University to respond to your question
The Ombuds Office can also be a place to go if you are considering filing a grievance about possible discrimination or other violations of written policies. You can talk through and evaluate different resolution options and resources. The Ombuds Office will not be part of any formal grievance process and will not take sides in any dispute.
Listening Advice Policy Review Referral
Coaching Faciliatation Informal Mediation