- Patricia Armstrong, Kathleen L. Mannheimer & Katherine Stanton, "How Would You Teach This Class?"
- Dennis Baron, "The Campus Visit"
- Peter S. Cahn, "A New View on Interviews"
- Steven M. Cahn, "The First Interview"
- George David Clark, "From Scholarly Scaffolding to the 3-Second Rule"
This article contains useful advice for job talks.
- David Evans, “Passing the Interview Test”
- Diane M. Fennig, "Mastering Skype"
- Donald E. Hall, "Interviewing at a Teaching-Focused University"
- Mary Morris Heiberger & Julia Miller Vick, "How to Handle Difficult Interview Questions"
- Mary Morris Heiberger & Julia Miller Vick, "Interviewing Before You're Invited to Campus"
- Mary Morris Heiberger & Julia Miller Vick, "Making the Most of Your Campus Interview"
- Mary Morris Heiberger & Julia Miller Vick, "What to Do When They Say, 'Tell Us About Your Research'"
- Rob Jenkins, "What to Ask -- and Not Ask -- in Your Interview"
- David D. Perlmutter, “How to Play Left Field”
This article explores ways to handle questions and comments that are illegal, unethical, or just plain rude.
- David D. Perlmutter, “Minding Your Manners for the Conference Interview”
This article contains useful advice for handling conference interviews.
- Dan Shapiro, “Grim Job Talks Are a Buzz Kill”
- Robert J. Sternberg, "12 Bloopers to Avoid in Job Interviews"
- Julie Miller Vick & Jennifer S. Furlong, "Asking the Right Questions"
- Julie Miller Vick & Jennifer S. Furlong, “What to Expect in a Second-Round Interview”
From Dawn M. Formo and Cheryl Reed's book, Job Search in Academe: Strategic Rhetorics for Faculty Job Candidates (Stylus Publishing, 1999):
- "Campus Interview - The Research Presentation" (a posting from the Tomorrow's Professor Listserv)
- "Job-Search Jitters or Warning Bells?" (an article from The Chronicle of Higher Education)
From Insider Higher Ed:
- Kevin Brown, "Don't Phone It In"
- Alain-Philippe Durand, "The Answers That Matter"
- Alain-Philippe Durand, "Prepping for the Campus Visit"
- Katherine Ellison, "The Active Interview"
- John Fea,"Interviewing at Church-Related Colleges"
- John Fea, "Interviews at Teaching Colleges"
- Sarah Ann Fleming, "Interview Questions"
- Kathryn Hume, "Don't Be a Snob"
- Kathryn Hume, "Giving a Job Talk"
- Kathryn Hume, “The Most Important Question”
- Christine Kelly, "After the Failed Interview"
- Claire B. Potter, "Fumbled Interview Questions"
- Cheryl Reed and Dawn M. Formo,“Think Like a Colleague”
- Susan VanZanten, "Religious College Interviews"
- Thomas Wright, "Just One Question"
From the Tomorrow’s Professor listserv: