How do I design a syllabus that communicates to students my course goals, expectations of students, and assessment/evaluation criteria?
- Constructing a Syllabus (a Sheridan Center handbook)
- Write the Syllabus (from Carnegie Mellon University’s Enhancing Education site)
- Writing a Syllabus (from Cornell University’s Center for Teaching Excellence)
- Major Content Areas to Include (from the IDEA Center)
- How to Design a Learning-Centered Syllabus (from the University of Delaware’s Center for Teaching and Learning)
What should I consider as I develop and review my syllabus?
- Syllabus Design Tips (from the Sheridan Center)
- Basic Syllabus Headings (from the Sheridan Center)
- Syllabus Rubric (from Cornell University’s Center for Teaching Excellence)
Support at Brown
Relevant Sheridan Center programs
- Workshop: “Syllabus Design” (offered regularly)
Check Upcoming Events to see when this workshop is next offered.
Handouts from this workshop can be found in the Events archive.
Other pages that might be of interest