How can I teach my students to write well?
Sheridan Center resources
- Peer Review Form for Student Writing
- Self Review Form for Student Writing
- Constructive Grading: How to Get Students to Read Faculty Comments on Papers and Exams and Learn from them!
- From Carnegie Mellon University’s Enhancing Education site
- From Dartmouth College’s Institute for Writing & Rhetoric
- From Duke University’s Thompson Writing Program (see especially the Online Resources section)
- From MIT’s Program in Writing and Humanistic Studies
- From the University of Michigan’s Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
- From the Writing across the Curriculum (WAC) Clearinghouse
Writing in the Sciences
- LabWrite: Writing Laboratory Reports
- Peer Review (from Project Kaleidoscope [PKAL])
- Quantitative Writing (from the Pedagogy in Action Project from Carleton College’s Science Education Resource Center)
Support at Brown
Relevant Sheridan Center programs
- Workshop: “Responding to Student Writing in the Humnities & Social Sciences” (offered at the beginning of every year)
Check Upcoming Events to see when this workshop is next offered.
Handouts from this workshop can be found in the Events archive.
Other pages that might be of interest