In order to encourage carpooling, Brown, in conjunction with RIPTA, participates in the Commuter Resource RI – Express Travel program. After registering a carpool with Express Travel and with the Brown Transportation Office, members are guaranteed a ride home if they must leave work due to unforeseen circumstances.
To access the RIPTA Guaranteed Ride Home program:
- Become a member of Commuter Resource RI Ride Share program
- Set up your ride requirements.
- Find someone to ride with and form a carpool.
- Receive a Guaranteed Ride Home Card with an ID number and a phone number to call when you need an emergency ride home.
- If a ride is needed, a free taxi will pick you up and take you home.
You may use the RIPTA Guaranteed Ride Home twice per year.