Helping Students in Distress
If you are worried about a Brown student, or need assistance or consultation with a difficult and urgent situation, consult the crisis resource website written specifically for Faculty or the site for Staff, or call one of the resources listed below. There is also a website to assist students in helping their friends.
Deans & Administrators
Please call the deans and administrators who are available to discuss concerns you may have about a student's academic, personal or community life at Brown.
- Support for undergraduate, graduate and medical students.
- You may talk with -- or send a student to meet with -- deans in the Office of Student Life during daytime work hours.
- *For assistance with emergencies at night or on weekends (e.g., a student's immediate safety or threat to others, missing student, death in the family), or during University Breaks, Brown Public Safety can connect you with the Administrator on Call.
- Available through the sexual assault response line, a sexual assault crisis counselor gives information and support in the immediate aftermath of a sexual assault, and is available to accompany a student to the hospital, as needed.
- See also Emergency Contacts.