According to the Zero Waste International Alliance, a zero-waste event requires 90% diversion from landfills and incinerators. Help us achieve this goal by reducing, reusing, recycling, recovering, and composting as much as possible!
- Attendees encouraged to bring their own mugs and utensils
- Minimal packaging in food delivery
- Composting services provided by EcoRI
- Compostable flatware
- Extra food recovered by the Food Recovery Network to be donated to shelters
- Minimal resources used in signage and registration
- Catered by local business who source from local farmers
- Vegan and vegetarian options
- Attendees encouraged to carpool and use public transportation
Green Event Certification
- The symposium is a pilot event for the Green Event Certification process at Brown University, which will help groups make their events as sustainable as possible.