Proposals & Events Overview
The 250th Steering Committee has established a grant fund and solicits a broad spectrum of proposals for large and small scale academic forums, events, performances and exhibitions, physical or virtual, from departments, centers, programs, student groups, alumni communities and staff that will both celebrate Brown’s past and its history, and showcase its present and future contributions to the production of knowledge. We welcome proposals that represent a broad spectrum of ideas and range in orientation from academic to pure enjoyment.
For any questions regarding the 250th proposal process, please contact the Office of the Brown's 250th Anniversary.
1. Grants for Academic Programs & Events
* Proposals received after the May 1 deadlines will be supported contingent on available funding.
Award size of $10,000 - $25,000, although larger scale proposals will be considered.
2. Grants for Brown University Constituency Engagement (students, staff, faculty, alumni)
- Align with the stated goals and objectives of the 250th anniversary
- Engage one or a range of stakeholders as participants and audience
- Include at least one point of contact closely affiliated with Brown (a member of the faculty, staff, student or alumni community)
- Potentially represent a single department, institute, center, student organization, alumni group, etc.
Award size of $100 - $10,000.
Grants for Providence & Rhode Island Community Engagement and Brown’s 250th
Providence and Rhode Island community organizations (arts, youth leadership, cultural organizations, etc.) interested in requesting funds to develop content for Brown’s 250th Anniversary should contact Jennifer Braga, Community & Government Liaison in Public Affairs & University Relations.