To participate in Commencement, eligible undergraduate students need to take several steps:
1. Multiple Concentrators: Notify the Registrar’s office which ceremony you will be attending by TBD (this only applies to graduates who have more than one concentration).
The Registrar’s Office contacts multiple concentrators via campus mail in early February to indicate where their diploma will be routed. Students must attend that specific Diploma Ceremony. Students who would like to make any changes and attend a different ceremony associated with one of their other concentrations must notify the Registrar’s Office by TBD. No changes will be made after this date.
2. Attend a Commencement Information Session -TBD
3. Submit Diploma Information via Bannerweb - open Monday, January 20, 2014, closes Monday, March 31, 2014 (optional).
This optional step allows you to do two things:
- Change the way your name will appear on your diploma if you would like it to be different than how it appears on your transcript on Banner Self Service;
- To provide a summer mailing address if you are not planning to attend Commencement or your diploma needs to be re-issued post Commencement (i.e. concentration honors/magna)
Log into the Secure Student Records menu in Bannerweb to provide this information.
NOTE: This is not a required step for undergraduates – it is only used for name and address modifications
4. Pick up your academic regalia starting Thursday, May 1, 2014.
You must wear regalia appropriate for your degree to participate in the procession and ceremony. There are no exceptions to this rule. You can pick up your academic regalia at the Brown Bookstore.
5. Make arrangements for your guests with special needs by Friday, May 9, 2014.
Make accommodations for guests with special needs who will be attending Commencement weekend by Friday, May 9. An online form should be submitted for handicapped parking passes and drop off passes by this date. If your guests have additional special needs, please contact the Office of Student and Employee Accessibility Services at 401-863-9588.
6. Attend Baccalaureate on Saturday, May 24, 2014 (optional).
Baccalaureate is an optional event for undergraduate students, but members of the graduating class are encouraged to attend. Line up for the procession begins at 1:30 PM on Waterman Street in front of the Stephen Robert ’62 Campus Center. Encourage your family and guests to find comfortable seating on the Main Green to view the procession and ceremony. Guests are not permitted on the grounds of the First Baptist Church.
7. Line up for the Procession on Sunday, May 25, 2014, promptly at 9:30 am.
Line up for procession no later than 9:30 am on Sunday, May 26, 2013. Encourage your family and guests to find comfortable seating on the Main Green for the College and University ceremonies which immediately follow the procession.
8. Attend your Diploma Ceremony on Sunday, May 25, 2014.
Check for the location of your Diploma Ceremony online (2013 version - not updated for 2014). All Diploma Ceremonies are held after the University Ceremony concludes.