The CRC's Fellowships, Internships, and Research Experiences (FIRe) advising initiative is a great place for students to begin learning more about engaged learning opportunities outside of the classroom. Interested in applying for a fellowship but don't know where to start? Need help crafting a project proposal? Want to learn what it means to conduct academic research? Then you've come to the right place!
- The Brown Fellowships Website
- Undergraduate Teaching and Research Awards (UTRA)--during the summer or academic year
- The Writing Center (for help with your written materials)
- The Science Center
- Focal Point (Brown's list of concentrations and advisors)
- ASK (Advising FIRe): login using your Banner login, click on the "CareerLab" option and pick options to tailor the search to your interests related to Careers in the Common Good
- Some people associated with FIRe Opportunities: Oludurotimi Adetunji (UTRA), Besenia Rodriguez (Mellon-Mays Fellowship), Linda Dunleavy (national fellowship opportunities), George Vassilev (Pre-Professional Advising), Alan Flam (Liman Public Interest Law Fellowship), Kerri Heffernan (Royce Fellowships), Alan Harlam & Lizzie Pollock (Starr Fellowship)
Please see the tabs on the menu to the left for detailed information on fellowships, research grants offered outside Brown, scholarships, mentorships, international opportunities. and the application process.