Pre-Leave Checklist

How do you file for the leave? Who should you talk to? What do you need to know? This checklist will send you in the right direction. 

Personal Leave

Consult an academic dean (University Hall or open hours in J. Walter Wilson): Students who take a personal leave must consult with an academic dean in order to file the official Leavetaking form. Deans are happy to hear your plans. They can also provide insight on any ideas you have about your leave. Please visit the Dean of the College website for more information.

Medical Leave

Talk with a dean from the Office of Student Life (Graduate Center E): Students who take a medical leave work with a dean from the Office of Student Life to put a medical leave into place. Deans can help you understand the process of a medical leave, as well as assist in making a plan to heal oneself. Please visit the Office of Student Life website for more information. 

Note for PLME students: You MUST notify the Associate Dean of Medicine about your decision to take a leave of absence after you have consulted with an academic dean.