Brown’s Curricular Advising Program allows first-year students to enroll in a course taught by a faculty member who is also their academic advisor. Many first-year students find the advising process more natural and easy when their academic advisor is also one of their teaching professors for the fall or spring semester. Questions or concerns can be discussed before or after class, without having to make a formal appointment. Students register their interest in a CAP course the summer before they enroll; notification of a student’s assignment to a CAP course is e-mailed to them prior to their arrival at Brown.
- Independent Concentration monthly deadline for new/revised proposals
- Deadline for students on personal leave to declare return for Fall '15
- Don't Fear Sophomore Year: Lunch with Faculty Advising Fellows
- Academic Workshop: Preparing for Large Papers and Final Projects
- Science Center Advising with Dean Targan