Volunteers with the MET Family Literacy Program offer classes twice a week at the MET’s Public St. campus. ESOL classes help adults gain confidence in their ability to speak, read, write, and understand English, while enrichment classes for their children build academic skills in a fun environment. Family nights and end-of-semester celebrations bring the generations together, allowing kids to learn from their parents and vice-versa.
MET Family Literacy Program
- Welcome to Brown!
- Swearer Sparks
- Community Partnerships
- Community Health
- Education - Adult and Intergenerational Learning
- Education - Elementary Schools
- Education - High Schools
- Housing and Homelessness
- Prison-Based Programs
- Winter Break Projects
- Community Service Opportunities Fair
- Providence Community Walking Tours
- Social Innovation Initiative
- Fellowships, Internships, and Prizes
- Jobs and Opportunities
- College Advising Corps
- Faculty & Courses
- About Us
*For other office locations, please visit our staff page.