Welcome to the English Department Undergraduate Group (DUG)
Have you heard about the English concentration but never quite known what it entails or how it differs from a Literary Arts or Comparative Literature concentration?
To join the English DUG and/or arrange to chat with a current English concentrator, email email@example.com. Learn about their experience as an English concentrator or learn about Honors in English, Honors in Nonfiction Writing, and English Department Prizes.
We look forward to hearing from you!
DUG Student Leader: Isha Gulati
DUG Faculty Advisor: Professor Stephen Foley
DUG events for Spring 2013:
- Peer to Peer Internship Fair: An informal internship/job fair for underclassmen and potential concentrators.
Thursday, February 28, 7:00 pm
Petteruti Lounge (Faunce)
- Degree Days: What Can I Do With a Degree in English? Alumni Perspectives on Life after Brown
Friday, March 1, Noon to 2:00 pm
Granoff Center for the Creative Arts, Kooper Studio, Floor 4N
154 Angell St.
- Prospective Concentrator Open House
Date and location: TBD
Prospective English concentrators and enthusiasts are invited to meet the wonderful faculty and staff of the English Department.
DUG events for Fall 2012:
- Back to School Concentrator Dinner
Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 7:30 pm
- English Department Concentration Tea with Faculty
Thursday, October 25, 2012, 3:30 to 5:00 pm
- The Brown/Trinity M.F.A.'s production of Shakespeare's "As You Like It" will be held:
Friday, Nov. 2nd at 7:30 pm
Saturday, November 3rd at 2 pm and 7:30 pm
Sunday, November 4th at 2 pm
The performance will take place at the Pell/Chafee Performance Center at
87 - 89 Empire St. which is just around the corner from Trinity Rep.
If you are interested in attending any of the shows, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 10/29 to get tickets!
- English DUG Social
Wednesday, November 28, 7 pm, Underground/Faunce