The Nonfiction Writing Program offers the following courses:
- ENGL0110 Critical Reading and Writing I: The Academic Essay
- ENGL0130 Critical Reading and Writing II: The Research Essay
- ENGL0160 Journalistic Writing
- ENGL0180 Introduction to Creative Nonfiction
- ENGL1180 Special Topics in Creative Nonfiction
- ENGL1190 Special Topics in Nonfiction Writing
- ENGL1200 Independent Study in Nonfiction Writing
Registration for all sections of Nonfiction Writing Program courses will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis according to the Banner seniority system. No waiting lists will be kept. Banner registrations after classes begin require instructor approval.
The registration procedure for these courses will be as follows:
ENGL0110, 0130, 0180: Sections will be capped at the enrollment limit. All preregistered students must attend the first week of classes or they may lose their spaces.
Please see individual course descriptions in the Course Prospectus for registration guidelines for: ENGL0160 (Journalistic Writing), ENGL1140 (Topics in Literary and Cultural Criticism), ENGL1160 (Special Topics in Journalism), ENGL1180 (Special Topics in Creative Nonfiction), and ENGL1190 (Special Topics in Nonfiction Writing).