Join the Associates
The minimum contribution for membership as an Associate is fifty dollars, although most of our members prefer to give larger amounts. Our hope is to attract people who have a genuine interest in sustaining the Library’s collecting and who wish to support its numerous programs for the encouragement of advanced scholarship and public education concerning the American and European past.
Donations may be made to the JCB Associates at nine different categories:
- $50 Verrazzano Associates
- $100 Maria Sibylla Merian Associates
- $250 Hakluyt Associates
- $500 Thomas Paine Associates
- $1,000 Lefty Lewis Associates
- $5,000 Americus Vespucci Patrons
- $10,000 Magellan Benefactors
- $25,000 Columbus Leaders
- $15 Undergraduate Level. In 2006, a new category was opened to accommodate undergraduates.
Gift memberships are also available for third-party contributions of $25 or more.
To join, write to Associates, John Carter Brown Library (Box 1894, Providence, R. I. 02912) for a membership remittance envelope or send in a check with a covering note indicating its purpose. Checks should be made payable to the John Carter Brown Library.