Syed Rizvi, MD, MBBS
Associate Professor of Neurology (Clinical)
Work: +1 401-444-3799
Multiple sclerosis and neuro-immunology
BiographyDr. Rizvi is an Associate Professor of Neurology at Brown University and Director of the Rhode Island Hospital MS Centre. He is actively involved in several clinical trials including an NIH funded drug trial. He has published in various peer reviewed journals. He is also the Chairman of the Clinical Advisory committee for the Rhode Island chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Dr. Rizvi obtained his medical degree from Dow Medical College, Karachi and then went on to do his Internship at Atlantic City Medical centre, N.J.
He completed a dual residency in Internal medicine/Neurology from Stony Brook University hospital, N.Y. followed by a year of chief residency and then a fellowship in Neuroimmunology/MS. He has been at his current position at Brown for the last 11 years.
Dr. Rizvi is married to Zehra Rizvi and has two daughters Asiya and Lila
- RIZVI SA, "Multiple Sclerosis: Current and Future Treatment Options" Endocrine , Metabolic & Immune Disorders-Drug Targets" Volume 7, Issue 4, December, 2007 (2007)
- Rizvi SA, Kim E, Moodie J, Glatiramer in the treatment of Multiple sclerosis. International Journal of Nanomedicine 2006: 1 (3) (2006)
- Mellion M, Rizvi SA, "Spontaneous bilateral carotid artery dissection and posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome." Neurology, Dec 2005;65:1990. (2005)
- Rizvi SA, Agius MA, "Current approved options for treating patients with multiple sclerosis," Neurology 2004;63:S8-14. (2004)
- Rizvi SA, Zwibel H, Fox EJ, "Mitoxantrone for multiple sclerosis in clinical practice." Neurology 2004;63:S25-27. (2004)
- Cohen BA, Khan O, Jeffery DR, Bashir K, Rizvi SA, Fox EJ, Agius M, Bashir R, Collins TE, Herndon R, Kinkel P, Mikol DD, Picone MA, Rivera V, Tornatore C, Zwibel H, "Identifying and treating patients with suboptimal responses." Neurology 2004;63:S33-40. (2004)
- Rizvi SA, Bashir K, Khurram, "Other therapy options and future strategies for treating patients with multiple sclerosis." Neurology 2004;63:S47-54. (2004)
- Participant, "Use of Neutralizing antibody assays in MS patients," consensus statement, Boston, MA, September 11, 2003. (2003)
- Malik K, Rizvi S, Vaillancourt PD, "The SUNCT Syndrome: Successfully Treated With Lamotrigine." Pain Med 2002, Jun;3(2):167-8. (2002)
- Krupp LB, Rizvi SA, "Symptomatic therapy for under-recognized manifestations of multiple sclerosis." Neurology 2002;58:S32-S39. (2002)
- Coyle PK, Rizvi SA, "A Global Perspective on Multiple Sclerosis," Medscape summary, XVII World Congress of Neurology, 2001. (2001)
- OTHER PUBLICATIONS: ()