Gregg Selke, Ph.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry & Human Behavior
Psychiatry & Human Behavior
Work: +1 401-444-4500
My current research interests include the neuropsychological outcomes/correlates of mild traumatic brain injuries (including concussion), attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and late effects of cancer treatment. I also have an interest in the relationship between cognitive functioning, behavioral functioning, and sleep sleep disturbance in pediatric medical and developmental conditions.
BiographyI received my undergraduate degree from Washington University in St. Louis, and doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Neuropsychology Specialization) from the University of Florida. I completed my clinical internship at the Kennedy Krieger Institute and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and completed a two year post-doctoral fellowship in Pediatric Neuropsychology at the University of Florida. I am currently on staff at both Rhode Island Hospital and Bradley Hospital in affiliation with the neuropsychology program.
- Preston, A.S., Heaton, S.C., McCann, S.J., Watson, W.D., & Selke, G. (2009) The Role of Multidimensional Attentional Abilities in Academic Skills of Children with ADHD. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 42(3), 240-9. (2009)
- Newcomer, J.W., Haupt, D.W., Fucetola, R., Melson, A.K., Schweiger, J.A., Cooper, B.P., & Selke, G. (2002). Abnormalities in glucose regulation during antipsychotic treatment of schizophrenia. Archives of General Psychiatry, 59 (4), 337-45. (2002)
- Newcomer, J.W., Craft, S., Fucetola, R., Moldin, S., Selke, G., Paras, L., & Miller, R. (1999). Glucose-induced increase in memory performance in patients with schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin1, 25, 321-335. (1999)
- Newcomer, J.W., Farber, N.B., Jevtovic-Todorovic, V., Selke, G., Melson, A.K., Hershey, T., Craft, S., & Olney, J.W. (1999). Ketamine-induced NMDA receptor hypofunction as a model of memory impairment and psychosis. Neuropsychopharmacology, 20, 106-118. (1999)
- Newcomer, J.W., Selke, G., Melson, A.K., Hershey, T., Craft, S., Richards, K., & Alderson, A.L. (1999). Decreased memory performance in healthy humans induced by stress-level cortisol treatment. Archives of General Psychiatry, 56, 527-533. (1999)
- Newcomer, J.W., Selke, G., Melson, A.K., Gross, J., Vogler, G.P., & Dagogo-Jack, S. (1998). Dose dependent cortisol-induced increases in plasma leptin concentration in healthy humans. Archives of General Psychiatry, 55, 995-1000. (1998)
- Dagogo-Jack, S., Selke, G., Melson, A., & Newcomer, J. (1997). Robust leptin secretory responses to dexamethasone in obese subjects. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 82, 3230-3233. (1997)