Brian Silver, MD, FRCPC, FAHA, FAAN
Associate Professor of Neurology
Bio Med Neurology
Work: +1 401-444-8806
Acute ischemic stroke.
Medical decision making.
Medical decision making.
BiographySubspecialty work in ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, neuroregeneration, and patient outcomes.
AffiliationsFellow, America Heart Association
Fellow, American Academy of Neurology
Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
American Society of Neuroimaging
Stroke neurology (medical school)
- Silver B, Nagel MA, Mahalingam R, Cohrs R, Schmid DS, Gilden D. Varicella zoster virus vasculopathy: A treatable form of rapidly progressive multi-infarct dementia after 2years' duration. J Neurol Sci. 2012 Dec 15;323(1-2):245-7. (2012)
- Jayaraman MV, Grossberg JA, Meisel KM, Shaikhouni A, Silver B. The Clinical and Radiographic Importance of Distinguishing Partial from Near-Complete Reperfusion Following Intra-Arterial Stroke Therapy. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2012 Oct 18. [Epub ahead of print] (2012)
- Kansara A, Miller D, Damani R, Fuerst D, Silver B, Chaturvedi S. Variability in carotid endarterectomy practice patterns within a metropolitan area. Stroke. 2012 Nov;43(11):3105-7. (2012)
- Assaad B, Sesi VK, Figari R, Schultz L, Thummala N, Rehman M, Chandok A, Silverman A, Silver B. Antithrombotic Management of Stroke Patients Before Colonoscopy. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012 Jan 11. [Epub ahead of print] (2012)
- Silver B, Zaman IF, Ashraf K, Majed Y, Norwood EM, Schuh LA, Smith BJ, Smith RE, Schultz LR. A randomized trial of decision-making in asymptomatic carotid stenosis. Neurology. 2012 Jan 31;78(5):315-21. (2012)
- The no smoking sign-insular infarction. Hefzy H, Silver RW, Silver B. J Neuroimaging. 2011 Apr;21(2):e169-70. (2011)
- Malik S, Hicks WJ, Schultz L, Penstone P, Gardner J, Katramados AM, Russman AN, Mitsias P, Silver B. Development of a scoring system for atrial fibrillation in acute stroke and transient ischemic attack patients: the LADS scoring system. J Neurol Sci. 2011 Feb 15;301(1-2):27-30. (2011)
- Alzaga Fernandez AG, Shirka R, Skarf B, Silver B, Matloob SJ, Ober MD, Luetmer P, Giannini C. Bilateral simultaneous central retinal vein occlusions in an otherwise healthy adult. J Neuroophthalmol. 2011 Mar;31(1):78-82. (2011)
- Silver B. Stenting versus endarterectomy for carotid-artery stenosis. N Engl J Med. 2010 Oct 28;363(18):1767-8. [letter] (2010)
- Malik S, Russman AN, Katramados AM, Silver B, Mitsias PD. Moyamoya Syndrome Associated with Graves' Disease: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010 Dec 2. [Epub ahead of print] (2010)
- Russman AN, Schultz LR, Zaman IF, Rehman MF, Silver B, Mitsias P, Nerenz DR. A significant temporal and quantitative relationship exists between high-density lipoprotein levels and acute ischemic stroke presentation. J Neurol Sci. 2009 Apr 15;279(1-2):53-6. (2009)
- Sildenafil treatment of subacute ischemic stroke: a safety study at 25-mg daily for 2 weeks. Silver B, McCarthy S, Lu M, Mitsias P, Russman AN, Katramados A, Morris DC, Lewandowski CA, Chopp M. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2009 Sep-Oct;18(5):381-3. (2009)
- Silver B, Russman A. Patent foramen ovale and cryptogenic stroke. N Engl J Med. 2008 Apr 3;358(14):1519. [letter] (2008)
- Schuh L, Burdette DE, Schultz L, Silver B. Learning clinical neurophysiology: gaming is better than lectures. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2008 Jun;25(3):167-9. (2008)
- Demchuk AM, Khan F, Hill MD, Barber PA, Silver B, Patel S, Levine SR; NINDS rt-PA Stroke Study Group. Importance of leukoaraiosis on CT for tissue plasminogen activator decision making: evaluation of the NINDS rt-PA Stroke Study. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2008;26(2):120-5. (2008)
- Lewandowski CA, Rao CP, Silver B. Transient ischemic attack: definitions and clinical presentations. Ann Emerg Med. 2008 Aug;52(2):S7-16. [Review] (2008)
- Silver B, Lu M, Morris DC, Mitsias PD, Lewandowski C, Chopp M. Blood pressure declines and less favorable outcomes in the NINDS tPA stroke study. J Neurol Sci. 2008 Aug 15;271(1-2):61-7. (2008)
- Silver B, Greenbaum A, McCarthy S. Improvement in sleep apnea associated with closure of a patent foramen ovale. J Clin Sleep Med. 2007 Apr 15;3(3):295-6. (2007)