Issa Dahabreh, MD, MS
Assistant Professor of Health Services, Policy and Practice
Public Health-Health Services Policy & Practice
Work: +1 401-863-3953
I conduct research on methods for systematic reviews and meta-analysis. My work focuses on the synthesis of observational and experimental studies of therapeutic interventions and diagnostic tests. I am also interested in applied work on systematic reviews of treatments, medical tests, and risk factors for disease. The word cloud gives you an idea of the things I work on.
BiographyI am Assistant Professor (Research Track) in the Center of Evidence-based Medicine, within the Department of Health Services Policy & Practice at Brown University.
AffiliationsAssociate Editor for AHRQ
Society for Medical Decision Making (SMDM)
Society for Epidemiologic Research (SER)
Meta-Analysis of Economics Research Network (MAER)
Funded ResearchEvaluating Observational Data Analyses: Confounding Control and Treatment Effect Heterogeneity [PCORI -- PI: Dahabreh -- more details]
- Dahabreh IJ, Sheldrick RC, Paulus JK, Chung M, Varvarigou V, Jafri H, Rassen JA, Trikalinos TA, Kitsios GD. Do observational studies using propensity score methods agree with randomized trials? A systematic comparison of studies on acute coronary syndromes. Eur Heart J. 2012 Aug;33(15):1893-901. (2012)
- Dahabreh IJ, Chung M, Balk EM, Yu WW, Mathew P, Lau J, Ip S. Active surveillance in men with localized prostate cancer: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2012 Apr 17;156(8):582-90. (2012)
- Dahabreh IJ, Kent DM. Index event bias as an explanation for the paradoxes of recurrence risk research. JAMA. 2011 Feb 23;305(8):822-3. (2011)
- Dahabreh IJ, Terasawa T, Castaldi PJ, Trikalinos TA. Systematic review: Anti-epidermal growth factor receptor treatment effect modification by KRAS mutations in advanced colorectal cancer. Ann Intern Med. 2011 Jan 4;154(1):37-49. http://www.medpagetoday.com/upload/2011/1/3/37.full.pdf (2011)
- Dahabreh IJ, Linardou H, Bouzika P, Varvarigou V, Murray S. TP53 Arg72Pro polymorphism and colorectal cancer risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010 Jul;19(7):1840-7. (2010)