The Office of Admissions welcomes you to visit The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University for our Second Look Program. This program will provide you with the opportunity to meet prospective classmates, current students and faculty, as well as sample the rich variety of learning experiences – clinical, research, and community-based – that comprise medical education at Brown. This event is by invitation only. You should have received an email with instructions on how to register.
Overview: Schedule of Events
Friday, May 2, 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Registration begins at 12 pm at The Warren Alpert Medical School, 222 Richmond Street
- Financial aid presentation with Q & A session
- Tour one of three teaching hospitals: Rhode Island Hospital, Miriam Hospital, or Women & Infants Hospital/RI Free Clinic
- Welcome from Dr. Thomas Chun, Assistant Dean for Admissions
- Keynote address
- Welcome reception at the Rhode Island School of Design Museum with medical students, faculty and admissions committee members
- "Low Yield" – Medical Student Variety Show
Saturday, May 3, 8:30 am – 1:30 pm (followed by optional activities)
- Continental breakfast
- Medical education overview from Allan Tunkel, MD, PhD, associate dean for medical education
- Programmatic highlights: preclincal electives, doctoring, and anatomy lab demonstrations
- Lunch with current medical students in the three academies
- Optional activities (beginning at 1:30 pm)
We have optional activities after the official program ends on Saturday (1:30 pm). A complete list will be available upon your arrival.
- Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs Reception (Contact person: Zoila_Quezada@brown.edu, assistant director of ODMA)
- Current Medical Student Run Activities:
- Tours of the main Brown campus
- Presentation / panel on life as a medical student
Please visit our Additional Information page to find out more about what to wear, where to stay, and other helpful information (including getting a head start on your apartment / house rental!). Any further questions, please email Marcy_Hall@brown.edu, assistant director of admissions. You will receive a detailed agenda upon your arrival.