New England Sports and Orthopedic Rehabilitation Summit 2014
Advances in Rehabilitation of the Lower Extremity
Saturday, April 5, 2014
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
222 Richmond Street, Providence, RI 02903
The New England Sports and Orthopedic Rehabilitation Summit 2014, “Advances in Rehabilitation of the Lower Extremity”, will focus on evidence-based evaluation and rehabilitation of the lower extremity. This year’s conference will feature lectures, open panel discussions on selected topics, and hands-on laboratory style breakout sessions offering the opportunity to apply presented concepts and techniques.
Athletic Trainers, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, and Strength and Conditioning Professionals
Upon course completion, participants will have improved knowledge of evaluation and rehabilitation of various lower extremity pathologies.
At the conclusion of this activity participants should be able to:
- Apply latest evidence to perform a comprehensive assessment of the hip and core, knee, and foot and ankle, with consideration of the global lower extremity kinetic chain interactions and regional interdependence
- Describe influence of lower extremity kinetic chain dysfunction on injury risk and injury prevention
- Recognize the factors influencing pathogenesis, diagnosis, and management of various lower extremity injuries
- Utilize current evidence in non-operative and post-operative rehabilitation of various lower extremity pathologies
- Develop hands-on skills in successful assessment and treatment of lower extremity disorders including running mechanics, core dysfunction related to breathing influence on mechanics and performance, and kinesiology taping for the lower extremity.
Physicians and Physician Assistants: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Athletic Trainers: Alpert Medical School of Brown University is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers (#P8573). This program has been approved for a maximum of 6.5 hours of Category A continuing education. Certified Athletic Trainers are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent participating in the continuing education activity.
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants: The Warren Alpert Medical School Office of Continuing Medical Education is approved by the Rhode Island Board of Physical Therapy to offer CE programs for physical therapists. Physical therapist participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance for up to 6.0 hours.
Other Professionals: Please contact the Brown University Office of Continuing Medical Education for other credit designation approvals at 401-863-2871 or contact us at CME@brown.edu.
Jointly Provided By
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and University Orthopedics Physical Therapy