We urge you to become engaged and vocal members of the BMAA, to express your questions and concerns, and to help to shape the future of your medical alma mater.
The Office of Alumni Relations is here to help plan alumni events, act as a liaison between medical alumni and Brown, and to support the BMAA's Board of Directors.
Contact the director of alumni relations, Bethany Solomon, 401 863-3231.
Brown Medical Association Mission and Purpose
The Brown Medical Alumni Association (BMAA) serves as the central organization and primary resource for connecting medical alumni to Brown’s medical school, the University, and the extended medical community.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The BMAA promotes loyalty and pride in the strength and vitality of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and its mission. Specifically, the BMAA:
- Develops communications, programs and community outreach to strengthen the relationship between alumni and Brown.
- Represents the formal voice of medical alumni as advisers to the University and the Dean of Medicine and Biological Science.
- Serves as a forum for the exchange of alumni ideas and views.
- Enhances medical education through the promotion of enduring relationships between alumni, students, residents, parents, and the medical community.
- Increases the impact of alumni on the Medical School’s future through alumni involvement, volunteerism, and participation in fundraising initiatives, including the Brown Medical Annual Fund.
- Strengthens the reputation of Brown’s Medical School by promoting the accomplishments and achievements of its graduates to applicants, medical organizations and the general public, and recognizing outstanding contributions to the advancement of medicine.