Medical Reunion Weekend, May 24-26, 2013
From the Brown Medical Alumni Association
Dear Fellow Alums,
Welcome back! 2013 Reunion Registration is now open!
The Brown Medical Alumni Association is pleased to invite you to Reunion-Commencement Weekend, May 24-26, 2013.
All MD and MMS alumni are invited back to campus for the weekend’s festivities, with special recognition to the five-year milestones--the MD Classes of ’78, ’83, ’88, ’93, ’98, ’03, and ’08.
Reunion 2013 updates:
- Registration is now open! Check out the schedule of events and register online. Registration will be open until May 17, 2013. To learn about and register for University events taking place during Reunion Weekend, please click here.
- Reunion Highlight: Alums Julianne Ip ’75 MD’78, Richard Ellenbogen '80 MD’83, P’11, and Craig Mello '82, P'14 are our featured lecturers this year. Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits will be available for some of our forums. That means you may be able to deduct your Reunion travel as a business expense for tax purposes.
- Registration will once again be free of charge to encourage gifts to the Brown Medical Annual Fund. Please make a gift in lieu of the registration fee and be listed by class in the Reunion Honor Roll on the medical reunion website.
- The 4th annual Medical Reunion Class Dinner for all alums and their families will be held in the beautiful 17th-floor grand ballroom of the historic Providence Biltmore Hotel. The dinner menu is available online. A video montage of photos of fellow classmates will be shown and given to each attendee. Children are welcome and encouraged to take part in the age-appropriate activities offered.
- Reunion is a great time to stop by and see the new Medical School building. Student-led and self-guided tours will be available throughout the weekend.
- A block of rooms is available at the Providence Biltmore. Reservations must be received by Wednesday, April 24, 2013. For details, visit our FAQ’s page.
We hope to see you on campus for a fun-filled Reunion Weekend!
Brown Medical Alumni Association Board of Directors
Srihari Naidu '93 MD'97
Preston Calvert ’76 MD’79
Galen Henderson MD'93
Immediate Past President
Monique Anawis, JD ’85 MD’90
Daniel DiPrete ’85 MD’89
Preetha Basaviah '91 MD'95
Anne Bercovitch, MD '69 MMS'71, P'00 MD'04, P'02, P'10
David Brooks MD'76
Stephen Gilheeney ’95 MMS’97 MD’99
Lisa Goldstein ’78 MD’82
Jonathan Greer '04 MD'08
Daniel Harrop ’76 MD’79 HS’83
Jeffrey F. Hines '83 MD'86
Thomas Krahn '78 MD'81
Pebble Kranz '91 MD'07
Melisa Lai Becker '94 MD'99
Daniel Medeiros MD'86
Mark Migliori ’84 MD’87
Peter Panton '79 MD'82
Steven Shin ’95 MMS’97 MD’99
Lisa Taitsman ’90 MD’94
Brownsyne Tucker Edmonds '00 MD'05
Kartik Venkatesh ’06 PHD’11 MD’13
Norman Ward MD’81
Philip Wey ’82 MD’86
Elizabeth Yu '02 MD'06