Coming Up: December 1, 2014 -- Savvas Koushiappas (Brown University)
"The structure of the universe as a link between cosmology and dark matter physics"
Cosmological structure formation gives rise to a distribution of dark matter that is set by the complex processes of non-linear collapse. Dark matter searches are inextricably linked to the details of this cosmological structure formation. I will review how large scale structure gives rise to our present expectations for the dark matter particle, and how experimentally-motivated theorists try to bridge the gap between fundamental cosmological ideas and dark matter detection experiments.
- Brown Astrophysics Seminar Series (BASS)
- Condensed Matter & Biological Physics Seminars Calendar (Listings, Contact)
- Energy Science and Technology Seminar
- High Energy Theory Seminar (Contact)
- Physics Faculty Seminars
Journal Clubs and Student Events
- Biophysics Journal Club
- Condensed Matter Journal Club (Contact)
- High Energy Theory Journal Club (Contact)
- Physics DUG
- Physics WiSE