The PSTC fosters postdoctoral training as well as predoctoral. With several postdoctoral fellow positions supported by internal and external funding secured by PSTC and through joint appointments with other academic units, PSTC provides a stimulating environment and excellent infrastructure for junior scholars studying population studies. The opportunities include:
- NICHD Postdoctoral Fellow [supported by our National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) Training Grant from the National Institute of Health (NIH)]
- Postdoctoral Research Associate [supported by PSTC internal funds]
- Joint postdoctoral appointments with other campus units
Associated postdoctoral fellows have access to all the services that faculty and students do, which includes high performance computing and pre and post award administration. PSTC also supports the Postdoc Writing Group that meets monthly to review each other’s grant proposals and publications.
PSTC-affiliated postdocs focus on developing their reseach, publication and grant portfolio and may teach a course (depending on the position's funding sources) and have the opportunity to participate in Brown courses. Following their appointments, PSTC postdocs are hired into excellent academic institutions, including University of Massachusetts, Boston, Oregon State University and University of Toronto. See the Alumni section for more information on our recent placements.
A call for applications will be issued in fall of 2013. Screening of applications will begin January 15, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled (for full consideration please submit materials by January 31, 2014).
To review full job description and apply to one or both positions, please go to: http://apply.interfolio.com/23493
Brown University offers an array of resources to postdocs, including:
- Postdoc Advisory Panel
- Brown Graduate School’s Resources for Postdocs
- Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning
- Sheridan Professional Development Certificate Programs
- Postdocs in Providence Facebook Page
For more information on the PSTC postdoctoral program, please contact the Associate Director at Leah_VanWey@brown.edu.