The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) is the largest state agricultural agency in the United States. The FAST (Florida Agricultural Science and Technology) Fellowship Program is an exciting opportunity for recent college graduates in the science field to gain top-notch experience in the laboratory. This is a paid, two-year program in our state-of-the art laboratory located in Tallahassee, Florida. The program has variety of opportunities for graduates at all levels (Bachelors, Masters, and PhD) to gain hands-on experience on cutting edge equipment while allowing time for scientific research.
Please visit the website for information regarding the application process, as well as below for the minimum qualification requirements.
Applicants must have received their degree (Bachelors, Masters, or PhD) by the time the Fellowship program begins (September 12, 2014) and may not have received it prior to September 12, 2012. Eligibility requirements for the program are listed below:
- A Bachelors, Masters, or PhD. Degree in a field of Natural Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry from an accredited university received within the last two years. The Food Laboratories Microbiology Program also requires the successful completion of courses in Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry.
- Be a United States citizen or a lawfully authorized alien worker.
- Have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher in the science courses completed on their transcript.
- Less than two years of post graduation professional experience in the area of Natural Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Required Documentation to be submitted at the time of application via People First or by U.S. Mail (Post Marked by Closing Date of the advertisement) addressed to Emily Webster, 3125 Conner Boulevard, C-18, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1650, is as follows:
- A TRANSCRIPT (UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS ARE ACCEPTABLE),
- Three (3) LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION,
- A RESUME, INCLUDING A LIST OF REFERENCES TO ANY PUBLICATIONS AND/OR DISSERTATIONS.