Online registration for Family Weekend has closed. On-site registration will be located in Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, Second Floor, Petteruti Lounge, 75 Waterman Street and will be available on Friday, October 24th from Noon - 6:00 pm and Saturday, October 25th, from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. We look forward to welcoming you and your family to campus!
Family Weekend is a highlight of the fall semester, giving families the opportunity to experience the hustle and bustle of the Brown campus at the height of the academic term. From lectures to student performances to athletic events, the campus is bursting with activity at this time of year.
Through open houses, planned gatherings and special events, Family Weekend seeks to give students and their families a small taste of what Brown offers. Events are geared toward Brown undergraduates as well as current students of Alpert Medical School.
While there are a multitude of events over the weekend, a few of the highlights for this year include:
- President Christina H. Paxson and the Undergraduate Council of Students President Maahika Srinivasan '15 will welcome guests to campus at the President’s Welcome at 6:00 PM on Friday in the Salomon Center for Teaching.
- The session Straight from the Source (Saturday at 9 AM in Carmichael Auditorium) brings together representatives of the Dean of the College and Campus Life to inform families about new initiatives Brown is offering to students.
- Brown faculty members will present various Faculty Forums during two sessions on Saturday morning. Come see what it’s like to sit in on a typical Brown lecture! Click here to view listing.
- Cheer on the Brown Bears Football Team as they play Cornell at the Brown Stadium! The game will take place at 12:30 PM on Saturday. Shuttle service will be provided from main campus to the Stadium.
- The 2014 Keynote Address speaker is Chairman & CEO of Starwood Capital Group, Barry Sternlicht '82, P'16. The Keynote Address will occur at 4:00 PM on Saturday in Salomon's DeCiccio Family Auditorium.
- And don't miss the 250th Waterfire beginning at sunset on Saturday in Downtown Providence.
To request disability related access or accommodations for any events, please contact SEAS@brown.edu or call 401-863-9588 with as much notice as possible. After 5 pm on Friday, please call DPS with any concerns about access: 401-863-3322.
Future Family Weekend Dates
- October 16-18, 2015
- October 21-23, 2016
- October 13-15, 2017